Soils For Life is honoured to present a workshop alongside some of our fellow international experts at the Third Global Soil Security and Planetary Health Conference.
When: Friday 7 December 2018 from 9.00am to 1.00pm
Where: Abercrombie Business School, University of Sydney, Lecture theatre 1050 Darlington Ln & Abercrombie St, Darlington NSW 2006
Contact Niree Creed to register (email@example.com)
9.00 Introduction and welcome – Facilitator
9.10 National Soil Advocate’s report – Restore the Soil, Prosper the Nation
9.45 The UK experience – Patrick Holden and Adele Jones
10.30 Morning Tea
11.00 Facilitated Q&A panel with:
- Patrick Holden and Adele Jones – The Sustainable Food Trust UK,
- Di Haggerty – WA farmer,
- Charlie Maslin – NSW Monaro farmer,
- Professor Justin Borevitz – Australian National University, and
- Associate Professor Daniel Tan – Sydney Univ, Sydney Institute of Agriculture
- What are we teaching about regenerative agriculture at our agriculture colleges and universities? How relevant is the information to future farmers and agronomists needing to improve the health of the soil and agricultural landscapes overall?
- What regenerative agricultural information do farmers need, where is it kept and how should it be delivered?
- How did you as a farmer handle this drought and how will you better prepare next time?
- Should Natural Capital Evaluation be the new form of valuing a farm (a summary of its economic, environmental and social worth)? How do we get the banks to change?
- Is there an acknowledged leading country in regenerative agriculture, who is it and why is it the leader?
- Is regenerative agriculture the best way to improve the health of our soil, restore the land and improve productivity into the future? Does it lead to improved economic, environmental and social outcomes? If so why?
12.45 Wrap up and close